Top of the pageActionset
Insulin is used for people who have type 1 diabetes. It''t enter your cells to be used for energy. This causes the sugar in your blood to rise to a level that''t get rid of extra sugar. This is when blood sugar levels rise.
Taking insulin can prevent symptoms of high blood sugar. It can also help to prevent emergencies such as diabetic ketoacidosis (in type 1 diabetes) and hyperosmolar coma (in type 2 diabetes). Insulin can help lower blood sugar too. This can prevent serious and permanent health problems from long-term high blood sugar.
Remember these key tips for giving insulin shots:
- Make sure you have the right dose of insulin, especially if you are giving two types of insulin in the same syringe.
- Practice how to give your shot.
- Store the insulin properly so that each dose will work the way it should.
How to prepare and give an insulin injection
Your health professional or reverses diabetes type 2 joint pain (☑ mellitus with chronic kidney) | reverses diabetes type 2 weight loss injectionshow to reverses diabetes type 2 for certified diabetes educator (CDE) will help you learn to prepare and give your insulin dose. Here are some simple steps that can help.
To get ready to give an insulin for 1 last update 30 May 2020 shot, follow these steps.To get ready to give an insulin shot, follow these steps.
- Wash your hands with soap and running water. Dry them well.
- Gather your supplies. Most people keep their supplies in a bag or kit so they can take them wherever they go.
- You will need an insulin syringe, your bottle (or bottles) of insulin, and an alcohol wipe or a cotton ball dipped in alcohol.
- If you are using an insulin pen, you will need a needle that works with your pen. If the pen is reusable, you may need an insulin cartridge. You may also need an alcohol swab.
- Check the insulin bottle or cartridge.
- When you use an insulin bottle for the first time, write the date on the bottle. Insulin stored at room temperature will last for about a month. Read and follow all instructions on the label, including how to store the insulin and how long the insulin will last.
- On a reusable insulin pen, note the date you started using it. Keep in mind that reusable pens expire. For example, a pen may expire after several years.
- Check that a disposable pen''s label.
Prepare the shot
reverses diabetes type 2 cookbook (☑ nature) | reverses diabetes type 2 recipeshow to reverses diabetes type 2 for How you prepare will depend on whether you are giving one type of insulin or mixing two types.
- To prepare a shot with a single type of insulin, follow the steps the 1 last update 30 May 2020 for preparing a single dose of insulinsteps for preparing a single dose of insulin.
- To prepare a shot that has two types of insulin, follow the steps for preparing a mixed dose of insulin.
When you mix types of insulin to be given in one syringe, follow these precautions.
- If you mix NPH and short-acting regular insulin, you can use it right away. Or you can put it aside to use later. Keep it away from heat and light. For example, put it in a refrigerator.
- Insulin glargine (Lantus) and insulin detemir (Levemir) can''t be given in a syringe that has been used to give another type of insulin.
If you are using an insulin pen, follow the manufacturer''t prepare a dose of insulin.
reverses diabetes type 2 icd 10 (👍 odor) | reverses diabetes type 2 gouthow to reverses diabetes type 2 for Prepare the site
Before giving your shot:
- Choose the part of your body to inject. If you give your shots in different places on your body each day, use the same site at the same time of the day. For example, each day:
- At breakfast, give your the 1 last update 30 May 2020 insulin into one of your armsgive your insulin into one of your arms.
- At lunch, give your insulin into one of your legs.
- At dinner, give your insulin into your belly.
- If you use alcohol to clean the skin before you give the shot, let it dry.
Give the shot
Follow the steps for giving an insulin shot for 1 last update 30 May 2020 in the bellyshot in the belly. It''s a good idea to let this person practice giving your scheduled insulin shot. Then he or she will be more familiar with it in an emergency.
David C.W. Lau MD, PhD, FRCPC - Endocrinology
Current as of: December the 1 last update 30 May 2020 19, 2019Current as of: December 19, 2019
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:reverses diabetes type 2 nature (🔥 values) | reverses diabetes type 2 treatment side effecthow to reverses diabetes type 2 for E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine & Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & reverses diabetes type 2 edema (🔴 for dummies) | reverses diabetes type 2 icd 10how to reverses diabetes type 2 for Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & Rhonda O''t find what you're looking for?
reverses diabetes type 2 kids (🔥 kids) | reverses diabetes type 2 vbidhow to reverses diabetes type 2 for Click here for help.